Thursday, August 20, 2015

Chicken and Ramen Stir Fry

I found this recipe in a recipe book I bought a while back, and adapted it a little. I make it all the time to pack in my lunches I take to work. It reheats really well, it's easy to make, and the ingredients are inexpensive. It's a win all-around!

Here's what you'll need:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 packages of ramen noodles (at least one needs to be chicken flavored)
1 package of frozen stir fry vegetables
Stir fry sauce (I recommend Kung Pao, but any will do)

First cut your chicken into small cubes and set aside.
Open up your ramen noodles and take out the flavor packs. You will need one chicken flavored pack for this recipe, set the other one aside for another use. Cook the noodles, reducing the cook time on the packaging by half.
Drain your ramen noodles and set aside.
Get your frozen veggies all ready. (I dumped mine into a bowl so I could sift through and remove the water chestnuts. I don't care for those.)
Measure out 1/2 cup of stir fry sauce.
Heat a tablespoon or two of oil in your wok. If using a non-stick wok, keep the temperature at about medium high. If not, you can crank it up! 
Add your chicken and stir fry until you can no longer see pink. If there is too much liquid that collects in the wok, move the meat up on the sides and allow the liquid to boil away.
Next add the veggies. Stir fry until they are pretty well heated through. Again, if there is too much liquid that collects you can move the food up on the sides of the wok and let it reduce. This time, though, don't let it all boil away. Leave just a bit so that the noodles can finish cooking.
The noodles, sauce, and flavor packet should all be added now. Stir fry until the sauce is hot and coats everything in the pan.
I typically top my stir fry with dry roasted peanuts before I dig in! Whatever is left over I portion into containers and put away for my lunches.










No comments:

Post a Comment