Monday, January 5, 2015

Cornbread

I've had some good cornbread recipes in my life, and I've had some very bad ones. This recipe is one of the good ones! The best part? It's so easy to make! Cornbread is a super tasty accompaniment to chili, stew, and all sorts of soups. In addition, it can be eaten with butter and honey as a side or dessert, or with milk or buttermilk for breakfast. If you ever want to make someone from the south a happy camper, bring them some good cornbread! 

Recipe:
1 c yellow cornmeal
1 c  all purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c milk
1/3 c melted butter
4 tsp baking powder



Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. 
Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. 
Beat eggs and add those and the milk, and stir. Melt your butter, and add it to the remaining ingredients, stirring quickly to avoid "cooking" the eggs with the hot butter. 
Once well blended, pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. 
Bake for 25 minutes or until well-set and golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting.


















I decided to eat my cornbread topped with chili and cheese. I took some to work for one of my nursing home residents, she ate hers with milk.




No comments:

Post a Comment